Rau Animal Hospital:
2135 Jenkintown Road
Glenside, PA 19038
Fax: 215-884-8851
Mon - Fri: 8am - 9:30pm
Sat: 8am - 4pm
Sun: 8am - 3pm
Here at Rau Animal Hospital, it is our passion and privilege to be the guardian of your pet’s healthcare. As your trusted advisor, it is also our responsibility to keep you appraised of any potential threats to your animal’s welfare.
Please visit Prevent the Spread of Dog Flu to learn about how to protect your pets and to get the latest information about dog flu outbreaks. Our latest COVID-19 update can be found HERE.

Dog Licenses

animal hospital near me

Our Glenside office sells dog licenses!

A number of people come in for their appointments and ask us why their dog needs a license. The answer? Because it is the law, and the fine for not having your dog licensed is $300 plus court costs!

Besides the fact that it’s the law, a lost dog with a license on its collar has a much greater chance of being found. A dog that has a license is registered with the county with its license number, name and owner’s name, address and phone number. Their breed, color, and spay or neuter status are included as well. If you find a dog, you can go to the website PALostDogs.com and register the dog’s license number saying you found them, or you can report a lost pet with a picture.

All pets that are three months or older must be licensed. Rau Glenside only sells licenses for Montgomery County. If you live in Philadelphia, you must go to the county for a license with proof of rabies. The license tag should be affixed to the collar of the dog, but more importantly, you must keep the form that comes with the license tag, at least until next year when you need a new license. That form is what the dog warden would ask for.

If your pet is micro chipped, you can get a lifetime license from the county, and not have to worry about it every year. Unfortunately, we don’t have those licenses here, but we do have the forms for Montgomery County, so we can scan your pet’s microchip, fill out the form, and you send it in to the Treasurer’s office.

If you’ve just moved into Montgomery County, you should get a license within 30 days of moving here. It’s a quick process, and cheaper than some other states. Also, you can get it done online! Follow the link below.

Get your license online: PA Dog Licenses

Montgomery County Application to print and send in