Hours:
Mon - Fri: 8am - 9:30pm
Sat: 8am - 4pm
Sun: 8am -12pm & 1pm - 3pm
Hours:
Mon, Wed, Fri: 9:30am-5:30pm
Tues & Thurs: 12pm-8pm
Sat: 9am -3pm
Sun: closed
 
 
 

Our History

Rau Animal Hospital was founded in 1927 by its namesake, Dr. Benjamin Rau.

In 1957, Dr. Stuart A. Fox, V.M.D. purchased the practice and relocated his family to the Glenside property that served both as veterinary hospital and residence for the Fox family for over a decade.  Stuart's son, Dr. E. Mark Fox, received his V.M.D. from the University of Pennsylvania in 1981 and soon joined his father's practice, eventually purchasing Rau from his father in 1986. Having more than doubled in size and scope of treatments offered, the hospital underwent a major expansion project in 1997 to accommodate its clients, patients and staff. As Rau's clientele continued to grow, Dr. Fox acquired a new practice in the Willow Grove area that served the community for twelve years before merging with the Glenside office in 2018. 

As Dr. E. Mark Fox continues to act as the hospital's director and chief veterinarian, he looks forward to future expansions and developments to meet the needs of Rau's loyal clients and patients.